Copying an Expensive Centerpiece



    Today I am linking to Sunday Showcase @ Under The Table and Dreaming. Be sure to visit and see all the wonderful things everyone has been up to.

    I love to browse through high-end furniture stores and drool over their beautiful furniture, vignettes and accessories. Usually their accessories are out of this world and the price is too. I was browsing through Robb & Stucky's and I saw a moss ball arrangement that I just loved and thought I could create something very similar.
    With a price tag of almost $300.00, I definitely wanted to try.

    This is my creation. It is really quite large. The moss ball is about the size of a bowling ball. Theirs was much larger and in a garden urn, but my house wouldn't accomodate something that big.


    I started with a bag of pods and leaves, some berry stems, moss rocks, and 2 bags of moss all from the DT, and a couple of small wreaths that I already had. Then I made a ball out of newspaper. Just make it as big as you want and tape it really well with packing tape and you have a great ball to decorate.


    Just spray adhesive on a secion of your ball and then press the moss on. I also spray the moss and press it even tighter to the ball once it is on. Continue all the way around.


    This is what it looks like when you are all done.


    I took a footed metal bowl that I found at GW a while back for $2.99 and placed foam in the center, then started layering all the pods, leaves, moss rocks and everything that was in the DT bag around the rim. I had some reindeer moss that Gloria had sent me and so I put some of that around too. Love it and love the color. Then I placed a really small wreath on top of the foam as part of my center.


    Then I added a little bit larger twig wreath that I placed a few of the berry stems into.


    I stuck a wooden skewer into the bottom of the moss ball and then into the foam, and ta-da, I was done.


    A little sneak peek of where I have it. Come back for Table Top Tuesday and I'll show you the whole vignette.


    If you missed my post yesterday. I so hope you will go and read Laura @ Decor To Adore's post. It's her life story and one so inspiring and such a blessing that I hope all of blogland will read it.

    I am also linking to:
    Metamorphosis Monday
    Just Something I Whipped Up
    Making The World Cuter
    Cottage Instincts
    Twice Remembered Cottage
    The Persimmon Perch
    Keeping It Simple
    Thrifty Treasure

    Thanks so much for stopping by. I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Copying an Expensive Centerpiece


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/05/copying-expensive-centerpiece.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List