13th Table Top Tuesday - Desk Area


    Welcome to the 13th Table Top Tuesday. I am so glad you are joining us today. I can hardly wait to see what all you have created.

    I am definitely from the school of function first. So while I really do want my home to look like I care about it and try to decorate it the best I can, sometimes you just have to be a little unconventional.

    This is our breakfast room that joins the kitchen and familyroom. I love to be here in the center of the action, so I decided this is where the computer works for me. I really didn't want to be stuck in one of the bedrooms off in a corner of the house. I can cook, watch TV, visit with family and be on the computer all from one spot. So months ago I decided to turn my breakfast room buffet into a computer desk. I just turn one of the dining chairs around and I am all ready to go.


    By raising the two drop leaves, it gives me a nice big surface to work with and a place to tuck the computer under one leaf on the side so it is out of the way. I try to decorate this area appropriate for a desk area.


    I have plenty of light and even though you can't tell from this picture a nice view to the side yard. (Actually there is a block wall fence not too far away, but hopefully my plants will grow and give me a pretty view.)


    I've placed an antique phone and brass ink well for the desk look and some antique shoe lasts just for fun.


    I thought my new moss ball that I made was perfect for this corner. It gives the area a little bit of greenery, some height and some weight. To see the tutorial of how I made it, check my previos post here


    This area works perfect for me. I am really enjoying it. Do you use some area of your home in an unconventional way?


    I am also linking to Centerpiece Wedensdays @ The Style Sisters.

    Thanks so much for stopping by. I always look forward to your visits.



    Be sure to sign in to Mr. Linky below: Also a gentle reminder to link back to this post on your blog. Thanks.


Post Title

13th Table Top Tuesday - Desk Area


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/05/13th-table-top-tuesday-desk-area.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List