12th Table Top Tuesday - Reworking Vignettes


    Welcome to our 12th Table Top Tuesday. I can hardly wait to see all of your vignettes this week.

    Seems like when you redo one thing, then something else looks bad, so you have to redo that too. When I took the Mantel clock off the top of the China cabinet, I needed to find a new home for it and the buffet was looking pretty sad, so I decided a new vignette was in order.


    This looks so much better. Time for the white runner to go and enjoy the pretty wood of the table. I put the clock in the middle to be the focal point.


    On the left I placed a blue and white vase of ivy on a pedestal I made by glueing a candlestick and salad plate together. On the right I added the big ginger jar and the new vase that I found on clearance a while back at HL. Inside the vase I added some grass for textural interest. A little bunny and it looks so much better and much more interesting.


    Since I borrowed a couple of things from the Dining Table vignette in the below pic, it was time to create something new. I had already borrowed the Artichoke, Pineapple and little bird on a pedestal for the shelf and corbel in the breakfast room. Now with the ginger jar gone, it was definitely a little sad. Do you shop the house and just borrow a little of this and that for whatever you're working on too? lol


    I took the lace runner away and scrunched the table square that I made to match the throw pillows in the living room. Since the Dining and Living room is all one space, I really like to keep them coordinated. I added some tulips to the vase and a couple more candlesticks and this is much better.


    Now the two vignettes compliment each other.


    And it all ties into the Living room. Love that.


    This lamp on the round table has turned out to be one of my most favorite ones. It's the one I found at a garage sale for .50c and the shade at GW for $2.95. I see them all the time. A little spray paint worked wonders and if you see one, buy it, you will love it. I think it has such a classic look for any decor.






    Thanks so much for stopping by. I always look forward to your visits.



    Be sure to link up below so we can see your gorgeous vignettes.

Post Title

12th Table Top Tuesday - Reworking Vignettes


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/05/12th-table-top-tuesday-reworking.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List