Metamorphosis Monday - Stain and Glue


    A very special thanks again to Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for hosting this fun meme. Be sure to check out all the wonderful participants.

    I love this wonderful small mirror that my friend Luanne gave me, however the finish was just a little too bright for my decor. So I gave it a good wiping down with a piece of very fine steel wool and then made sure it was really clean.


    Next I put on a liberal coat of dark walnut stain and let it sit for a while and then lightly rubbed some of it off. It is now perfect and I love the way the stain really emphasises the beautiful detail on the frame. I am redoing my bookcases on the side of the entertainment center, and it is going in there as part of one of the vignettes I am doing on one of the shelves. I will show you on one of the Table Top Tuesday posts when it is all done.


    I don't know about you, but I always need either a Hostess, I love you, or Just Because gift. I try to keep things on hand so I can have something for any occassion without having to run to the store. These little Dollar Tree glass dishes and candlesticks glued together make a perfect base for a gift.


    There are always several different styles of these little dishes and so I buy some of each.


    This is a picture of one that I did as an Easter gift for a friend. Just a DT nest and a few DT eggs. I wrap them in celephane like a fruit basket and tie with a pretty bow and it makes a lovely presentation. I have also filled them with shells, candy, nuts and homemade cookies. I did one for a friend that just got home with a new baby full of all kinds of baby lotion, baby shampoo, bath sponge and oil. One of them I did with a bath sponge, bath oil and body scrub for a teenage girl. The possibilities are endless.


    Just another idea. DT candle and shells with a little twine. Cute and a great small gift.


    This is really the same thing. Just a small DT vase glued to a candlestick, a few rocks and a small candle. I love having something on hand that I can adapt to any situation and occassion, plus they have a little dish to use any way they choose.


    A couple of you asked, so here is the glue that I always use on glass. It dries perfectly clear, so it never shows. You do have to let it sit for 24 hrs. to cure, then it is there for sure.


    I'm also linking to:
    Cottage Instincts - Make It Monday
    A Soft Place To Land - DIY Day

    Be sure to link into Table Top Tuesdays. I will have Mr Linky up by 5:00 PM on Monday evening.

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Metamorphosis Monday - Stain and Glue


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/04/metamorphosis-monday-stain-and-glue.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List