Met. Monday - Redoing Thrifty Treasures - Crafting



    Thanks so much to Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for hosting another fun meme. Be sure to visit and see what wonderful things everyone has been up to.

    This is a real potpourri of redo's and crafts. Just a fun few days. lol Last week I showed you a couple of treasures that I found at a garage sale. This is an old lamp that I got for 50c.


    This shelf was also 50c.


    Out came the Antique White Spray Paint and both got a make over. This corbel shelf also got a new paint job.


    Much better.


    Just a little distressing.


    The corbel also got a little distressing.


    Then I got really busy redoing a wall in the breakfast room. This is just a little sneak peak. You will have to come back on Tuesday for Table Top Tuesday to see the whole wall.


    Even the corbel became part of the action on the wall.


    The lamp I am going to use in the Living Room on the round table, the white paint gave it a whole new life. Now just to figure out what kind of shade. I'm not crazy about this one.


    This style doesn't seem right either.


    This is another shade I am trying for style, not the fabric, but I just don't think this is quite right either.


    What do you think about this style? I guess I need to go shopping. Give me your opinion.


    While all the paint was drying, I decided to try another craft that I saw here.
    She showed how to make a fabulous topiary out of a paper ball and a stick from the yard. So easy. Basically just a ball made out of used printer paper and then taped together. Hot glue some moss all over it. Filled the pot with a piece of oasis, stuck the stick in, poked a hole in the moss ball, stuck it on the stick and added the ribbon. Free and fun.


    This is my finished topiary. You just really do have to check out her tutorial, this was so much fun and didn't cost me a thing. Now you just know that a whole new vignette is about to happen. lol


    If you are looking for some charming prints, there is a company called Art Prints For Kidz, they can be found @artprintsforkidz.com. I received these two prints that I am going to frame and give as part of my gift to a friend's baby shower. Check them out. Some really cute things.




    Thanks so much for stopping by and please come back to see the new wall arrangement in the breakfast room. I really like it.

Post Title

Met. Monday - Redoing Thrifty Treasures - Crafting


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/04/met-monday-redoing-thrifty-treasures.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List