Favorite Things Sat. - Antique China Cabinet


    Today I am joining my wonderful friend Laurie @ Bargain Hunting and Chatting with Laurie for Favorite Things Saturday. Be sure to visit her and find a list of all the participants. Such wonderful eye candy to see.


    When I showed my collection of antique clocks, some of you asked to see what the mantel clock was sitting on. It's an antique china cabinet, dated 1880 England. I've had this piece since I was a brand new bride and it is definitely one of my favorite things. Now I know it looks full, but since it has mirrors on the back it magnifies everything, so there is only half of what you see. lol


    This is the mantel clock you saw. Love the clock and I love the pretty carving on the top of the cabinet.


    The carved columns that run down the sides of the door and the curved glass on the sides.


    I love the heavy curved details of this cabinet and the pretty knuckle claw feet.


    Can you see the double curve of the door and the glass?


    So much detail that's hardly ever duplicated today.


    I've spent a fortune having this baby crated to follow me through several states and moving, but to me it is worth every penny. I still love it.


    Thanks so much for stopping by. I always look forward to your visits and hope to see you for Table Top Tuesday.

Post Title

Favorite Things Sat. - Antique China Cabinet


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/04/favorite-things-sat-antique-china.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List