Starting One Project and Finishing Another

    First, we have a new blogger that I would love to introduce you to. Her name is Connie @ Dare To Dream. Her blog is lovely and she has such a great talent for thrifting, crafting and recreating. I hope you will go by and welcome her to blogland.

    Now for my projects:

    I have been wanting to paint the rockers for the front porch since last year, but you know how crazy men get about painting wood. So in order to preserve peace in the house, I decided to just re-stain them. They really are looking so bad.

    After a good sanding, I mixed some stain with some poly I already had and gave them a couple of coats and they look so much better.


    See that white chinese stool, it's the same one from Big Lots that you have seen around blogland. Next is to paint it, replace all the dead plants and add some more, a couple of pillows and the porch should be a little more inviting. Always more projects to be done.


    Now to finish a project for the Master.

    This is our bedroom and it had a couple of unfinished projects that I wanted to get done.


    I had painted an old lamp that I'm using on the round table, but it still needed something, so I wanted to add some trim to the shade.


    There were some really good tutorials around that showed how easy this was and it really is. A little braid around the top.


    Then I added a little fringe around the bottom. Looks much more interesting.


    Now doesn't this look so much better.


    Now to add a little trim to the pillow.


    I like this much better too.


    Ok, I am happier and I think this area looks a lot better.


    Ok, on to the porch and get that finished. Thanks for stopping by. I always look forward to your visits. Hope you will join me for Table Top Tuesday. Remember, it's not just for tables, but any surface where you create a vignette. I will have Mr. Linky up by 5PM Monday evening. See you there.

    I am linking to:
    Transformation Thursday - The Shabby Chic Cottage
    Strut Your Stuff Thursday - Somewhat Simple
    Get Your Craft On - Life As Lori
    Show And Tell Friday - My Romantic Home
    Frugalicious Friday - Finding Fabulous
    Frugal Friday - The Shabby Nest

Post Title

Starting One Project and Finishing Another


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/04/starting-one-project-and-finishing.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List