8th Table Top Tuesday - Coffee Table


    Thank you so much for joining Table Top Tuesday this week. I am so excited to see all of your wonderful vignettes. Remember, this is where you show us all the vignettes you create on any kind of surfaces- mantels, bookcases, shelves, tables, cabinets and just any place you can find to creat a vignette. We want to see them all.

    Our family room area is connected to the kitchen and the breakfast area and is not very big, so the large square coffee table that has 4 benches that pull out for extra seating is a blessing when we have larger crowds. With the 4 panes of glass on the top, this table always seems hard to decorate to me.


    I wanted to add a little bit of spring to this table and still leave it open to hold a favorite glass or dish of refreshment. Also since my family likes to lay on the sofa and watch TV, the arrangement needs to be kept fairly low. The entertainment center with the TV is directly across from the sofa.


    I love the rush seats on the benches and love the look of them through the glass top.


    The antique scale is one of my favorite pieces and the wicker balls add a casual touch.


    Some decorating books, a small ivy, a candle and a little DT bird add a little touch of spring. The small candle hurricane is also a DT find. I took the glass and a candlestick and glued them together, then filled the bottom with rocks from the DT, a candle from there also and ribbons I already had.


    The wicker edged tortoise plate is a great place to hold the remote and looks great with the rush seats of the benches and the wicker balls. Of course coasters to match and a small candy dish are necessities. Not too much, but just enough to add some life to the table and a tiny touch of spring and I used everything I already had,so it was free. I always like free.


    If you missed my previous post, there is a fabulous Designer Vignette tutorial and a book that everyone needs to have. I hope you take a look.

    I am also linking to:

    Nifty Thrifty - Coastal Charm
    Thrifty Treasures - Southern Hospitality


    Thanks so much for stopping by. I always look forward to your visits.

    Be sure to link up to Mr. Linky so we can all find you and see your gorgeous vignettes.



Post Title

8th Table Top Tuesday - Coffee Table


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/04/8th-table-top-tuesday-coffee-table.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List