9th Table Top Tuesday - Bookcases- End Table


    Thank you so much for joining the 9th Table Top Tuesday. You all just continue to inspire me with all of your beautiful vignettes. Thank you. I am loving every one of them.

    In an effort to give a little Spring to the familyroom, I showed you the coffee table last week. I wanted it to have some spring flavor, but not be cutsie. I like the way it turned out.


    With the coffee table done, of course the bookcases on the side of the Entertainment Center needed to change. This is what it looked like for St Patrick's and Easter. Time for the dishes and bunnies to get a rest.


    I showed you this mirror that I revamped a while ago. Beautiful mirror, just a little too shiny.


    After a coat of dark walnut stain, it is just right. I love using mirrors and art as backdrops in the bookcases. This piece will be perfect now. Look around and see what you have that you can redo to fit your current decorating scheme.


    Ta-Da!!! My new spring look. I really love it for a change. Not too many books, but a nice mix of different things. I just shopped the house and used what I already had, so like the coffee table, the change was free. Gotta' love it.


    I put my paper covered moss ball topiary that I made up on top next to the birdcage. It adds a little more spring to the top of the entertainment center.


    This is the left side of the cabinet. I love the mirror and the picture leaning against the back. Just a few books, figurines, a clock and a collection of finials help create the look.


    This is the right side. I used a companion picture and a plate on this side as a backdrop. A few more books, figurines, candles, wicker balls, an old world globe and an elephant toped box make up this side.


    I think it has more of a library look. Great for a change. I also like that it is more open and airy.


    In order to call the Family room finished, I needed to change my end table too. When I found the white lamps I wanted for the Living room, I moved the brass ones into the Family room. Love the warm look and glow. A small ivy, a little DT sheep and my Anniversary clock that my DH gave me for our 25th elevated on a couple of books was all that was needed. I have a jute fabric doily, magazine and my reading glasses handy for relaxing. This still leaves room for my glass or cup of tea.


    Since I have several, I used a Pfaltzgraph sugar bowl for the ivy. It has the same colors as the little sheep.


    This is actually an old kitchen work table. The base of this piece was painted when I found it. You can tell by all the dents and dings that this was a well used piece. It has two drop leaves, a drawer and curved tin flour bins, plus a pull out cutting board. Everything a kitchen would need. Love the little wooden casters too.


    See the divided bin. Two kinds of flour.


    This shows it with one side of the leaf up. It really becomes a substantial piece. I used this as an island in one of my homes in Oregon. Just another one of my antiques that I just can't part with.


    Finally just to make me smile. A few roses from the yard on the breakfast table.


    I love this beautiful yellow color.





    Thanks so much for stopping by. I always look forward to your visits.



    Be sure to link up to Mr. Linky below. I can't wait to see what everyone has been doing.

Post Title

9th Table Top Tuesday - Bookcases- End Table


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/04/9th-table-top-tuesday-bookcases-end.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List