7th Table Top Tuesday - Shelves Redone


    Thanks so much for joining another Table Top Tuesday. I am having such a wonderful time seeing all the beautiful vignettes you all create. Great eye candy and fabulous inspiration.

    As I showed you earlier, I found this lamp for 50c at a garage sale and gave it a coat of ant. white paint. Then I went on the hunt for the perfect shade. Nothing I had already seemed right.


    This morning while I was running errands I stopped into GW and found this beauty for $2.95. Perfect. All I had to do was put a shorter harp that I already had on it, added a tassel for fun and I love it. I also changed the table top vignette to a couple of spheres and a plate. Great lamp for $3.45. Now all three of the lamps in my LR are white, all different, but white to add to the light spring summer look.


    This is what my Breakfastroom wall has looked like for a while. I placed a few different antique plates around the mirror for a little added interest. Ok, but I always felt that it needed something else.


    With the corbel I already had painted white and a little bit of distressing. I had a plan for a new wall arrangement.


    My 50c shelf also got some white paint and a little distressing. Now I was ready to go.


    This is the something else. I kind of went wild. I just started working with a lot of plates that I found a while back at GW and came up with a whole wall vignett. Don't look at the plate hangers showing. I have to paint those or something, but I used those disc things that are invisible and something went wrong and the first 2 I put up didn't hold and the plates fell and broke so I just used wire plate hangers.


    This side with the shelf got a few plates and a platter to tie it into the arrangement.


    The little Duck Tureen is a recent find at the GW for $5.99, and the green plate is part of the tiny bit of color I wanted to give to the wall. I also like the different shade of green on the little bird. The rooster and the little bird give just a little height to the arrangement.


    My Great-Grandmother's platter is the focal point at the top of the mirror. I love this piece, it was the only thing my mom had of her grandmothers. The beautiful green border around it was my inspiration for the green in the arrangement.


    This side of the mirror has the corbel as an anchor with again a few plates surrounding to complete the look. A white ceramic artichoke and a small green bird finish the look. I like how the ornate corbal looks with the simple arrangement of the rest of the wall.


    A view of the wall from the kitchen.


    This is a different look for a while and I think I can change out the colors for a different look any time. Do you hang shelves on the wall and create vignettes. This was fun.



    I am also linking to Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.


    Be sure to sign in to Mr. Linky below. I can't wait to see your vignettes.

Post Title

7th Table Top Tuesday - Shelves Redone


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/04/7th-table-top-tuesday-shelves-redone.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List