My Frenchy Tray Redo Tutorial




    I showed you my tray redo and vignette on Table Top Tuesday.  I thought I would show you how easy it was to do.
    I started with an inexpensive tray that I've had for a while.  I love the shape and size of this tray, but the bright white just doesn't work in my house.  I showed you this first part in a previous post.

     After a light sanding, I sprayed on a couple of light coats of a pretty yellowy/gold color.

     When it was dry I gave it a good sanding for some age.

     I used Minwax Walnut stain and applied a light coat and then wiped it off. Not enough, so I gave it some more.

    I left as much as possible in the carving for contrast.



    The Graphics Fairy has tons of labels, signs and pictures to choose from.  I found this French Chocolate label and thought it was perfect.  I printed it out to the size I wanted.

    I then burned the edges to give it an older look.

    I covered the back of the label with mod podge and glued it to the center of the tray.  Make sure to smooth out any bubbles.  I used a soft rag to make sure the entire piece and all the edges were glued down well.

    After it was dry, I wiped on a couple of coats of glaze ( that I mixed a little chocolate paint into ) all over the piece and the back of the tray.  This gave it a little more of an aged look.  That was it.  The glaze sealed it and didn't give it too much shine, just a soft glow, so the piece still looks aged.

    I love the new look.  Fun to make something new out of something you already have.



    So many of you have asked about my grandson.  He is doing well.  He has started his rehab trying to move and bend his legs at the knees and ankles.  He is a real trooper and working hard to be able to get it all moving again.  Thanks for your continued prayers.

    I am joining the following parties:
    Swing Into Spring @ DIY by Design
    Power of Paint @ Domestically Speaking
    The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday
    French Cupboard for French Inspiraton Thursday
    No Minimalist Here for Open House Thursday
    My Cottage Charm for Treasures and Trinkets Thursday
    The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
    French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
    Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
    Southern In My Heart for Inspiration Friday

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

My Frenchy Tray Redo Tutorial


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-frenchy-tray-redo-tutorial.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List