Redoing a Frenchy Pedestal


    Sometimes you find just bits and pieces at GW, and that was the case this week.  This base was all by itself and I didn't see anything that looked like it should belong with it, but I just loved it, so I figured I could create something frenchy and old world.


     25% off day, so for $3.74 it definitely was coming home with me.


     I started looking through my stash of accessories and goodies and found this little glass dish that fit the base perfectly.


     Then one of my cloches fit on top of that.  How fun is this.


     I also had this hurricane and was thrilled that it fit the base perfectly also.


     Only problem is the finish.  Just a little too goldy for me.


     My favorite fix for almost anything is dark walnut stain.  I just know this will tone it down.


     With a paper towel I just globbed a lot into all the crevices of the piece.


     Then I took another paper towel and wiped all the excess off.  Much better.  I can't wait to create a new vignette with it.

    What do you think it was originally?  I have no idea, but I am thrilled that I can use it in several ways.



     Be sure to check out Table Top Tuesday and see how I used it.

    I am linking to the following parties:
    Saturday Showoff @ Male's Rose Garden
    Favorite Things Saturday @ Bargain Hunting and Chatting with Laurie
    Sunday Showcare @ Under The Table and Dreaming
    Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
    Show Off Your Cottage Monday @ The House In The Roses
    Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage
    Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
    Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Redoing a Frenchy Pedestal


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/03/redoing-frenchy-pedestal.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List