17th Table Top Tuesday - Laundry Room


    Welcome to the 17th Table Top Tuesday. I am having so much fun visiting all of you and seeing all of your wonderful and creative vignettes. Thanks for joining again this week.

    My laundry room is a galley space off the hallway with a door leading to the garage. Since it is used on a daily basis, I wanted it to have a little personality too. I showed this room last year, but hopefully you don't mind seeing it again and I have made a couple of changes. When your house is small you decorate every square inch. lol


    On the right as you walk in there is a wine rack and a storage cabinet that holds crafting supplies and tablescaping candlesticks and accessories. So of course I had to create wall and table top vignettes here.


    On the wall I've hung some primitive pieces that I've had forever. Some quilt blocks that I made, some tole painted placques that my mother did and an assortment of other pictures and favorite treasures.


    On top of the cabinet I have a collection of irons, my dad's planer, a toy trike and a jar full of pecans that came off my folks first crop on their pecan tree. It's sitting on an old brick that came out of the streets in LA. Hubby gave that to me when we were dating. Now I figured that he got it and was a keeper if he knew that an old brick was wonderful.




    A better view of what's hanging on this side of the cabinet. I did this quilt block also, and the poppy was painted by my mom.


    On this side you can see the cute kitty pictue and a 1929 calendar. A rooster planter, apothecary jar and some books not currently in use rest on top of the wine cabinet. The ironing board hangs behind the door, so it is easy to get to.


    This is what you see on the left side as you walk in. A couple more quilt blocks and a welcome needlework that I did.


    My grandchildren rogues gallery is on the refrigerator. I know the fridge and the washer and dryer are old, but they work beautifully and they fit, so if it ain't broke don't fix it. lol


    My antique wood American Flyer wagon sits on top of the fridge holding a plant and an old tea tin from Montgomery Ward.


    On top of the cabinets is my dad's tool box filled with ivy and sunflowers and an antique horse pull toy.


    The Ivory sign is part of an old crate that soap was shipped in. I keep a glass cutting board on top of the dryer. I use it a lot when I am doing glue gun crafts. It's a perfect piece to just scrape all the glue gun drips off of.


    The needlework above the door to the garage and the welcome are also some of my handy work from years ago. Just part of my treasures from years past that I can't seem to part with and perfect to give me a smile when I walk into the laundry room.


    Do you create vignettes on every table top and surface in your house, or am I just a little nuts? My house is small and I have all these treasures that I love seeing, and it really does make me enjoy this room. So my motto is to dress up every nook and cranny and just enjoy it all. lol

    Thanks so much for stopping by. I always look forward to your visits.



    Be sure to link up below and please link back to this post.

Post Title

17th Table Top Tuesday - Laundry Room


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/06/17th-table-top-tuesday-laundry-room.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List